Digital & E-Commerce
A global, independent, integrated communications company that offer brand insight, advertising, digital, experiential, retail, sports and investor communications.
Jul ‘10 – Dec ‘12 (Perm), Resource Manager
Sitting at the heart of the Digital Team my main focus was to provide adequate and appropriate resources for all digital projects. To ensure that all teams delivered their projects on time and on budget.
- In the first 3 months, I simplified the hiring process for the digital department by using Google Forms. This increased the productivity by 40% by decreasing paperwork for admin staff. The process was later rolled out across the business.
- Increased direct candidate leads by 10% by “cold calling” potential candidates.
- Cultivated relationships with freelancers which contributed to retaining staff across multiple teams
Online retailer leading the way in lingerie and swimwear.
Dec ‘09 – Apr ‘10 (Contract), Production Manager
I was brought in to manage the production of all creative material for the company. From briefing to final delivery. A big part of the role was team building and integrating department workflows.
- Improved the customer journey/user experience of the website by analysing consumer patterns and preferences using Coremetrics and A/B testing
- Implemented a new production process that increased communication between departments. Which resulted in my team meeting 100% of their weekly targets.
A leading global digital agency.
Sept – Dec ‘09 (Contract), Digital Project Manager
I project managed assigned digital campaigns. This included managing the smooth execution of projects. As well as maintaining full project documentation throughout delivery; scope of work, production estimates, risk and issue logs, contingency plans and change orders.
- Delivered engaging online campaigns for Ford of Europe, for the launch of the new S-MAX and C-MAX vehicles. This was a targeted campaign to convert their cold customer base.
- Delivered online campaign for Dell – Take Your Own Path This campaign promoted Dell as the technology solution for small/medium business owners.
Your one-stop fashion destination
May ‘07 – Mar ‘08 (Contract), Project Manager
Seamlessly delivering online and offline creative projects. As well as project managing the front end development of the website.
- Implemented and continuously improved processes for asset management and workflow within the creative team. Ensuring campaigns were live on time to increase sale opportunities.
Online sports betting
Feb – Aug ‘09 (Contract), Studio Manager
As the central point of contact between the local, territorial, marketing managers, central marketing team, in-house design team and external agencies. I actively supported the teams on issues related to the delivery and performance of their campaigns.
- Successfully implemented new systems to track the lifecycle of projects, and gave transparency of active projects in the studio.
- Enhanced the utilisation of resource, this maximised the work time of each designer and increased the deliverability of projects across 25 domains. This also decreased the freelance spend by 90%.
- Streamlined the approval process to ensure the consistency of work and campaign messaging
Print & Media
🎈 Plush Plum | JHB, South Africa
Graphic Design and Events Agency
Apr ‘08 – Feb ‘09 (Freelance), Production Manager / Designer
Hands on Art Director & Production Manager. This was a varied role and responsibilities changed depending on the project. With a strong focus on client management.
- Successfully delivered events and campaigns, which supported new business leads, through word of mouth advertising and customer satisfaction.
Leading Out of Home Media Provider
Dec ‘03 – Dec ‘06 (Permanent), Production Manager
I was responsible for the end-to-end design and production process for brand and client communications across various outdoor media. Such as Shopping Mall branding, Taxi graphics, Trailer and Bus branding, Airport and Billboard branding, Washroom and Change room advertising, Promotions, POS, Events and other forms of activations.
- Through effective communication and negotiation, I formed good working relationships with various suppliers and subcontractors to meet a 50% profit margin on each campaign.
- Enforced a stringent quality control process, which ensured all brand guidelines were followed for various clients. Successful campaigns ensured the retention of our client base, media site owners as well as suppliers. Which in turn increased overall profitability for all parties.
🖨️ Ontime Printer | JHB, South Africa
Offset and Digital production house
Jun ‘03 – Dec ‘03 (Contract), Designer / Artworker
Designed and prepared artwork for printing
- Creative Artworking through to repro colour retouching
- Colour retouching designing brochures, leaflets, calendars, promotional items, packaging, POS, annual reports, invoice books,
- Designing brochures, leaflets, calendars, promotional items, packaging, POS, annual reports, invoice books
- Quality control and Proofing
Retail & Customer Facing
Boutique recruitment agency, connecting all creatives with leading professionals.
Apr ‘17 – Jul ‘17 (Contract) Receptionist
The welcoming face of the business. As the first point of contact for candidates and clients, on the phone and in person, my role focussed on creating a great customer experience. By assisting with queries and directing/fielding calls as required.
- Managing a busy switchboard
- Data Entry of candidate details.
- Assisting with payroll
- Coordinating office maintenance
Offers an extensive range of contemporary gifts–corporate gifts, stylish accessories for the home, fashion items, novelties, and practical, yet fun, items for gardeners and pets.
Mar ‘15 – Feb ‘17 (Part-Time), Sales Assistant
Working independently in the shop, my main responsibility was helping customers find the perfect gift. I also managed payments, reconciled daily takings and stock inventory. Assisted with buying, merchandising, hiring of new team members and weekly roster.
- Built a loyal customer base over 2 years through face to face sales. Which saw revenue exceed projections by 25% by the end of year 2.
- Managed the Facebook Page to promote our new stock. This increased weekly sales by 5%. (Without running FB ads)
Creative studio for crafters, makers, designers & artists
May ‘14 – June ‘16 (Freelance), Workshop Instructor / Studio Assistant
Teaching craft workshops. And general front of house duties for the studio which included cash handling and payment processing. I also assisted with in-person promotions and sales at market stalls and pop-up shops.
- Developed interactive short courses in fibre craft that kept students engaged and wanting to learn more. This lead to increased interest in crochet classes.
Integrated talent finder for Creative, Integrated, Digital, Print & Motion Graphics, Client Services, Creative Services & 3D talent
Mar – May ‘07 (Contract), Junior Consultant
Admin support for senior consultants. This included maintaining the candidate database. Executing all admin tasks with minimal supervision. Scheduling advertising campaigns in relevant media placements, to a targeted audience to ensure successful placements. And networking and cold calling to secure new business.
- Successfully helped source candidates, which converted 50% of introductions to placements on live roles.
🛍️ Foxy | JHB, South Africa
Womenswear Fashion & Accessories Retailer
Jan ’99 – Mar ’03 (Casual), Retail Assistant
Helping customers pick out new outfits that make them feel on top of the world.
- Outfit building and styling
- Delivery of extraordinary customer service
- Visual merchandising and store presentation
- General Housekeeping
- Processing payments and cash handling
Is a leading Sports-Fashion-Lifestyle Brand.
May ’96 – May ’98 (Casual), Retail Assistant
Helping customers find the right gear for their active lifestyles.
- Stock take and replenishment
- Processing payments and cash handling
- General housekeeping
- Delivering High level of customer service
I ran a workshop teaching a group of women in a marginalised community new textile skills, mainly covering crochet and upcycling. You can read all about it here.
[May – Aug ’13] Young Coaches Project
I helped my husband run a sports project in Cambodia, that taught 6 young men leadership skills through football.
✈️ Tavel Jan ’13 – Jan ’14